Village Hidden in the Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nightmare... Less a village, more a territory teetering between two planes of existence, the living and the dead. One moon hovers over for each plane. Anything can happen in this world. Two moons, one sky, one destiny.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
The Nightmare is Dissolved
Alyss' light weapons EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 1:11 pm by ZeroVenkage
So it is, so it shall be then.

((this is kham... I got rid of the big giant red fuck you post because the huge pic was really annoying, it moved the entire page over like 10 inches))

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» I'm the Greatest! Fight me!
Alyss' light weapons EmptyWed Feb 14, 2024 5:00 am by Tigen

» fsfsfdsferwrwr
Alyss' light weapons EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:29 pm by jnkute

» hello
Alyss' light weapons EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 5:45 am by kimerajamm

» Hmmm...I wonder..
Alyss' light weapons EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:04 am by Bloom

» As of December 23, Other Village Represenatives, please report
Alyss' light weapons EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 8:26 pm by Jaka

» Fubuki and Orochi...
Alyss' light weapons EmptyWed May 13, 2009 2:47 am by Bloom

» OHMIGOD! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alyss' light weapons EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 12:12 pm by Mayumi Suzugawa

» The Nightmare, Should it live or Die???
Alyss' light weapons EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 2:21 am by Ryoichi

» Now They're Gone
Alyss' light weapons EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 10:19 pm by ZK

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 54 on Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:35 pm
Affiliates

Alyss' light weapons

Go down 
+2
Sadi D
Alyss Frey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Alyss Frey
Bad Dream
Bad Dream
Alyss Frey

Female Number of posts : 516
Kekkei Genkai : Air Compression/Technopathy
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Alyss' light weapons Empty
PostSubject: Alyss' light weapons   Alyss' light weapons EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 5:57 pm

Fists

Since in the real martial art world, once you're a black belt or a master in any martial art, you have to register yourself offically as a weapon, so will Alyss. Alyss is a great and agile close quarters combat fighter and a majority of her attacks will be by a mixture of martial arts. She is well-rounded in plenty martial arts...and there will probably be more editted in this list. Here are the arts she knows of:

Karate: Shotokan : Shotokan is based mainly upon hard techniques versus soft techniques. This style is shown by Hitomi from DOA and a small amount in Hayate as well. The video below is from the Champion Gaming Series Tournament from 2008 and the reason why I picked this video is because the excellent use of Hitomi by Vanessa. If you're looking to just looking for a quick look at an example, you could go on Youtube to find crappier uses of Hitomi by other players.

Aikido: Aikido is a defensive martial art, usually consisting of using the other opponent's attacks to counter by throws, grapples, holds, flips, etc. It can be very damaging to the opponent by using these moves, esspecially with intense drops of gravity. Using grabs at small bones, such as the wrist, finger, or shoulder bones, Alyss is able to use put opponents in holds to get an advantage or stop a fight. Though Aikido is a very good martial art, it's downfall is that there is no such thing as an attack with Aikido. The moveset is based upon counters and there is no such thing as a punch or a kick in this martial art.

Xi Yi Quan: This bare handed style is a very strong form of Chinese martial arts. It is performed with linear movements and explosive strength. If in roleplay, Alyss performs a punch with Xi Yi Quan, it means the air compression applied in the hand is VERY strong and if hit with this extremely powerful move can be quite fatal. I knew about this martial art before finding out that Eliot from DOA uses it...but since I couldn't find a video with REAL people doing this martial art, I have to use another DOA reference to my distaste. =/

More to come in the Martial Arts section, I just can't find a specific video. Razz

Light Weapons

The only thing Alyss carries so far is a knife at her waist. These are knives meant for both throwing, parrying, and agile knife play. Alyss, along with martial arts, is prominent with knife play and she only has a personal knife of her own so far. Her personal knife is a Aikuchi Style (very high carboned weapons) forged Moroha (or double bladed) Tanto.
Alyss' light weapons Tanto640

Last edited by Alyss Frey on Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sadi D
Insomnia Trigger
Insomnia Trigger
Sadi D

Female Number of posts : 2170
Kekkei Genkai : Hangetsu no Goudou
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Alyss' light weapons   Alyss' light weapons EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 6:51 pm

Nice examples. Glad you took the time to go find some.
Back to top Go down
Akarui Yami
Insomnia Trigger
Insomnia Trigger
Akarui Yami

Male Number of posts : 1751
Kekkei Genkai : Hikari Yami
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Alyss' light weapons   Alyss' light weapons EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 6:53 pm

Oh shit Eliot pwns hard as hell on that game
Back to top Go down
http://chaosninjas.heavenforum.com/forum.htm
Zesu Rikoyae
Bad Dream
Bad Dream
Zesu Rikoyae

Male Number of posts : 441
Location : Apotos (Homeland of Planet Ires). Now Residing in Oneoera's Dojo
Kekkei Genkai : Yaqio Ozunis
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Alyss' light weapons   Alyss' light weapons EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 6:53 pm

*whistles* That's some pretty good examples there! I'd thought I was the only one who uses the real martial arts for my character, now I'm glad that I'm not the only one. XD

I would update my stuff like yours, but I'm too lazy to do so right now so maybe later lol
Back to top Go down
Alyss Frey
Bad Dream
Bad Dream
Alyss Frey

PostSubject: Re: Alyss' light weapons   Alyss' light weapons EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 7:01 pm

Thanks everyone, I worked pretty hard on researching everything perfectly. I'm just glad I enjoy lookig this stuff up and am interested in it or I wouldn't have gone out and done it. xD

Akarui Yami wrote:
Oh shit Eliot pwns hard as hell on that game

Yes. If you know how to use him right, yes he fucking does. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Akarui Yami
Insomnia Trigger
Insomnia Trigger
Akarui Yami

PostSubject: Re: Alyss' light weapons   Alyss' light weapons EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 7:03 pm

Me personnaly I, pwn with Bass, Zack and jane lee, but when i play with eliot i cant get the combos right like they should be
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Alyss' light weapons   Alyss' light weapons EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 7:04 pm

funny we were talking fights last night XD
Back to top Go down
Alyss Frey
Bad Dream
Bad Dream
Alyss Frey

PostSubject: Re: Alyss' light weapons   Alyss' light weapons EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 7:05 pm

Juan Lee is hilarious to fight with, and Zack too. For me, Hayate, Eliot, Helena, And Hayabusa.
Back to top Go down
Zesu Rikoyae
Bad Dream
Bad Dream
Zesu Rikoyae

Male Number of posts : 441
Location : Apotos (Homeland of Planet Ires). Now Residing in Oneoera's Dojo
Kekkei Genkai : Yaqio Ozunis
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Alyss' light weapons   Alyss' light weapons EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 7:07 pm

XD That we were Fubuki, that we were.

I'm more of a random choice when it comes to DOA since I rarely have a favorite character in that series. Eliot is pretty powerful, but you also have to be very precisive when you want to use his combos
Back to top Go down
Akarui Yami
Insomnia Trigger
Insomnia Trigger
Akarui Yami

PostSubject: Re: Alyss' light weapons   Alyss' light weapons EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 7:13 pm

Oh I will pwn the shit out of someone with Helina those boots were made stonping
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Alyss' light weapons   Alyss' light weapons EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 7:14 pm

my best DOA character is i think the name was christian, christe? either way the girl with the white hair
Back to top Go down
Lucius Blackthorn
Insomnia Trigger
Insomnia Trigger
Lucius Blackthorn

Male Number of posts : 618
Kekkei Genkai : Negation, Absolution
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Alyss' light weapons   Alyss' light weapons EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 7:14 pm

((Move this to Hot Topic or someplace..))
Back to top Go down
Alyss Frey
Bad Dream
Bad Dream
Alyss Frey

PostSubject: Re: Alyss' light weapons   Alyss' light weapons EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 3:05 am

Rawr well on to...what my weapons are about.. =|
Back to top Go down
mahk-x
Nightmare's Wrath
Nightmare's Wrath
mahk-x

Male Number of posts : 2076
Kekkei Genkai : Carbon Infusion
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Alyss' light weapons   Alyss' light weapons EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 8:59 am

TAIJUTSU FTW!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alyss' light weapons   Alyss' light weapons Empty

Back to top Go down

Alyss' light weapons
Page 1 of 1