Village Hidden in the Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nightmare... Less a village, more a territory teetering between two planes of existence, the living and the dead. One moon hovers over for each plane. Anything can happen in this world. Two moons, one sky, one destiny.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
The Nightmare is Dissolved
Philosophical Discussion EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 1:11 pm by ZeroVenkage
So it is, so it shall be then.

((this is kham... I got rid of the big giant red fuck you post because the huge pic was really annoying, it moved the entire page over like 10 inches))

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» I'm the Greatest! Fight me!
Philosophical Discussion EmptyWed Feb 14, 2024 5:00 am by Tigen

» fsfsfdsferwrwr
Philosophical Discussion EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:29 pm by jnkute

» hello
Philosophical Discussion EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 5:45 am by kimerajamm

» Hmmm...I wonder..
Philosophical Discussion EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:04 am by Bloom

» As of December 23, Other Village Represenatives, please report
Philosophical Discussion EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 8:26 pm by Jaka

» Fubuki and Orochi...
Philosophical Discussion EmptyWed May 13, 2009 2:47 am by Bloom

» OHMIGOD! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Philosophical Discussion EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 12:12 pm by Mayumi Suzugawa

» The Nightmare, Should it live or Die???
Philosophical Discussion EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 2:21 am by Ryoichi

» Now They're Gone
Philosophical Discussion EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 10:19 pm by ZK

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 54 on Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:35 pm
Affiliates

Philosophical Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Philosophical Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 5:16 pm

ok so here we can discuss different ideas and/or ideals about differnt parts of life. i chose to discuss them in a more philosophical nature, but if that doesnt work for you then feel free to answer however works for you.

example: "If a tree falls in the forest and no ones there to hear it, does it make a sound?"
yes it still makes a sound for even if no one can hear it it doesnt stop the fact that sound was produced by the origional action of the tree falling. sound exists with or without our ability to hear it. take for instanse those dog whistles that make no sound to us but to a dog they make a noise. so sound can exist regardless of our ability to hear it. so the tree that falls in the forest still makes a sound even if no one is around to hear the sound thats made.

now lets try this one:
"Man is born free, and he is everywhere in chains." -Rousseau
Back to top Go down
Aeon Revorse
Reikikage
Reikikage
Aeon Revorse

Male Number of posts : 3371
Kekkei Genkai : Chakra Eye/Burst
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 5:17 pm

This is like a battlefield on a whole other level.
Back to top Go down
http://burstingenergy.ultimaterpg.org/forum.htm
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 5:39 pm

and thats the point in a way.
when we disagree it leads to some interesting discussions and allows different people a different perspective that they may not have had before.
this is a battlefield of ideas, nothing more, nothing less.
everyone has different views on everything, and everyone has different ideas.
the point is to be able to discuss those ideas in a friendly environment so we can all learn something or think about something in a way we may not have done previously.
so let try to keep this as peaceful as possible.
remember DISCUSSION not debate.
im too lazy to make rules for discussions plus i trust that we can handle it without having to resort to how to discuss ideas.

Last edited by Tazzy on Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aeon Revorse
Reikikage
Reikikage
Aeon Revorse

PostSubject: Re: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 6:18 pm

...Sorry..but I'm sure I'd end up getting mad or debating...It's a good idea...but I don't think I will be participating.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 7:28 pm

well the truth of it be that theres an extremely high possibility it will turn into a debate. id like to keep it to a discussion but you know, there are time when we all get a bit carried away...
and its your choice whether to participate or not. no ones forcing you to discuss anything.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 2:45 pm

here ill get this started.

"man is born free but everywhere he is in chains."

we are free to choose but yet those choices bind us.
we are free to choose how we live our lives, free to choose what to do with them. but we are trapped by those choices we have made that we regret, and by emtions that slow us down and get in the way of what we are really trying to accomplish. we are born trying to fly and then realise that we are firmly grounded. and we long to be able to fly again but are weighed down by the things of this world that have become too important to us. but as humans there is no way to escape the errs of this world so we have to learn to live with them or find a way to cheat the world into thinking we are a fraction of who we really are in order to exist in the world that hates who you really are. and then that fact that you cant be the real you because of the world that cant except you.

so we are born with the ability to choose. to choose how we live life and what we do with it.
but we are chained by the world that we are forced to try and live in and the limits it puts on who we want to be as well as the limits we have put on ourselves.

now feel free to agree or disagrre, but give me reasons dont just say "i agree" or "i disagree". actually have something to say about it.
Back to top Go down
Terry
Bad Dream
Bad Dream
Terry

Male Number of posts : 2468
Kekkei Genkai : Untapped Dragon Powers
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 5:49 pm

well....in opinion i think whoever wrote this was experiencing the world as if the person couldnt really live life they wanted to but they realized that you choose the path you walk in this life. In some situations you wish you coud change the way you handled that situation to make a better decision. Its all about the chooses you make so be carful when making major decisions. That is all
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 5:59 pm

tell me what you think not what you think the authour thought. and be more descriptive please.
i have nothing to discuss if you have nothing but mere basic thoughts to share. think deeper.
Back to top Go down
Terry
Bad Dream
Bad Dream
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 6:04 pm

Im not really a deep thinker i am tryed giving you something
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 6:12 pm

well...thanks for trying then. but theres always more below the surface so try to see it sometime.
anybody else?
Back to top Go down
Terry
Bad Dream
Bad Dream
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:21 pm

i gotta question for discussion:

why is that every time a guy likes a girl, the girl more than likely will consider that boy their best friend, brother, or something else in the friendship circle?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:31 pm

from my point of view:
maybe she doesnt want to take a chance to take the relationship to the next level. maybe she just generally wants to be your friend. maybe shes not ready to see you in a different way. be a good friend for her and stick with her long enough and eventually shell begin to see you more as someone special to her more than just her brother or best friend.
Back to top Go down
Aeon Revorse
Reikikage
Reikikage
Aeon Revorse

PostSubject: Re: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:33 pm

......because that's how they are. Even if you tell them of your feelings...they won't agknowlege you..because they don't like you. They want something that won't do them any good.
Back to top Go down
ZK
Nightmare's Reprieve
Nightmare's Reprieve
ZK

Male Number of posts : 2138
Kekkei Genkai : Kamisora
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:35 pm

Complete Answer:

As a nice guy, you're trying to be that girl's hero... So to speak. Since your actions are probably too caring and not... meaningful enough, They just see it as a nice guy so you become closer to them, but on a whole different track. You end up right there by her side, but not with her the way you want. general effects: giving her dating advice, talking to her more than her boyfriend, being the only guy she likes to talk to. All this just leads up to you actually telling her what's really up. Note: if you wait too long, you'll be stuck there as brother. You put yourself at a disadvantage compared to the either "Bad Boy" or "Gives No Fucks Kid" because you were trying to be nice and show her your sensitive side.

Solution:

Be there for her, but not all the time. keep the right amount of distance to stay number one in her heart and still let her be her. She'll eventually come to you, or you could just tell her right up front and let it go from there. It's all trial and error from here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nightmareninjas.heavenforum.com
Aeon Revorse
Reikikage
Reikikage
Aeon Revorse

PostSubject: Re: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:38 pm

And if all else fails. Forget about her. If she doesn't care about you or consider your feelings. Then you don't need her. Be on your own.
Back to top Go down
ZK
Nightmare's Reprieve
Nightmare's Reprieve
ZK

PostSubject: Re: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:41 pm

I would also choose being alone over pining for someone who doesn't want me. If she digs me then cool, but if she says no, we'll still be friends, it just makes me even more reluctant to show my heart to anyone. That's tiring and I eventually didn't care to do it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:47 pm

omg zero your totally right. but also wrong in one point. some girls like the hero. like me. but i also enjoy a bit of adventure. so basically hero with a bad boy streak. hot as hell. and if you dont give a fuck so be it cuz i dont either. just had to add that....
Back to top Go down
ZK
Nightmare's Reprieve
Nightmare's Reprieve
ZK

PostSubject: Re: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:51 pm

((i really didnt mean to put myself in that... kinda got lost in the post))
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 11:00 pm

((you know what its ok i id it too..))
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 2:14 am

oh and one more thing.
that whole "i dont give a fuck" attitude is a sure way for a girl like me not to take you seriously. if you dont give a fuck then be that way but if we do, then either shut it down or start caring. theres a point when you stop giving a fuck and really do start caring. but if you ride that attitude long enough she may give up on you. then by the time you start to feel something for her itll be too late cuz shell have moved on already.
honestly i would just say to be chill and let stuff roll of you but also either care either the one way or the other.
if we know you well enough we can tell if you care or not. no matter what you tell us to our face. or maybe im just different like that.
and sometimes, a girl will say that she thinks of you like a brother because shes afraid to sacrifice that relationship for something more. we can hide stuff sometimes too. just need someone perceptive enough to notice...
but i will say that if you stick with her long enough and you prove to her that youll always be there when she needs you, and you prove to her you can understand her etc etc, be her best friend but show her that theres more there, show here you want something more, know her every feeling, her every emotion. then you can learn how to best show her you love her. cause there are times when just saying you love her isnt enough. you have to show her.
protect her. protect everything about her that she feels makes her weaker. show her that she really is strong. be the kind of guy she can come crying to and it wont make any difference. hold her and tell her its ok. dont let her go. show her she can feel safe in your arms and shell never want to leave.
be yourself and show her that she can still be herself too, but together both of you are unstoppable.

((damn i think i said way too much....see this is what happends when im left alone for long periods of time..............))

Last edited by Tazzy on Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : why the hell did i have to add more??)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:28 pm

ZK wrote:
I would also choose being alone over pining for someone who doesn't want me. If she digs me then cool, but if she says no, we'll still be friends, it just makes me even more reluctant to show my heart to anyone. That's tiring and I eventually didn't care to do it anymore.

and this is why i dont show it to anyone. you have to find it. if you can find it ill give you a chance to take it away from me. but it wont be easy cuz i am quite gaurded.

ok and now im done with this. otherwise im going to spend the rest of the week contemplating the real meaning of love. and honestly i cant afford to do that right now. but right now, its probably what im going to end up doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Philosophical Discussion   Philosophical Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Philosophical Discussion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Village Hidden in the Nightmare :: Buildings :: Lounge :: Hot Topic-
Jump to: